Here’s what’s going on in the world of AI today:
- Can AI clean up Discord? 🚿
- The future of driving is wild with AI ... 🚗
- Send AI-generated letters to your representatives 📧
- Fun facts about cats 😹
AI Is Coming To Your Discord Server 📟
Discord is the Wild West of social media: think crypto degenerates, niche gamer communities, and, yup, cats eating pizza. Oh, and if you have a notifications phobia, definitely stay away.
Now, the $15 billion platform is leveraging AI to make its interface more family-friendly. Join a new server, and you'll discover:
1/ A ChatGPT-powered assistant, Clyde: Think ChatGPT but inside of an app. Ask it questions, get recommendations, and just vibe with your invisible friend.
*Did you know that a group of cats is called a "clowder"?!*
2/ Upgraded moderation: By integrating OpenAI tech, Discord's policing tool AutoMod is becoming even more automatic in detecting trolls and rule-breakers.
3/ AI-generated conversation summaries: Discord is an app that never sleeps. With overviews of the most important conversations, you'll never miss a beat.
Discord is also launching an incubator to fund developers leveraging AI to improve the platform.
Why it matters: As AI continues to permeate communication workflows, it's quietly turning its attention to social media. In fact, it might be the filter that lets us cut through the clutter and uncover the information that truly matters.
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Meet Man of the World at SXSW 🗣
It’s hard to tell a good story.
Take it from us. We’ve met a ton of founders over the years who can’t pull it off because, well, they’re busy building cool robots. But we know someone who can.
Man of the World Media tells stories for cutting-edge tech. They’ve spent years honing in stories that bring company messaging from “nerds talking to nerds” to “shouting mind-blowing tech stories to the world.”
Meet ‘em at SXSW! This Sunday (3/12/2023), MOWM’s offering up refreshing drinks 🧊, loungy DJ beats 🔊, and wellness activation 🌱 vibes in Austin. Come meet Man of the World — your brand’s story depends on it!
A Peek Into The Future Of AI Driving 🏍
Imagine this: instead of glancing down at your iPhone for directions, everything you need — navigation, safety alerts, travel data — is right on your windscreen.
That's what Envisics is building. The U.K. AI startup just raised a fresh $50 million in funding at a $500 million valuation for its holographic car technology.
For one, it's awesome: distracting car screens would disappear, and driving would become much safer.
But it's also far-fetched: adoption of new car tech has always been hindered by obstacles, and $500 million for a startup without a commercial product seems a tad extravagant.
We even have more customers than they do :)
Although still speculative, it provides a glimpse into the future, and any technology that harnesses AI warrants our attention.
Smarter Than a Robot? 🤖
Two fun facts about cats. 1 is true. 1 is legend.
A/ Cats have a unique collarbone structure that allows them to fit through tight spaces smaller than their actual size.
B/ Cats have a natural ability to detect earthquakes before they happen through the sensitive pads on their paws that can sense the vibrations of the Earth's crust.
(keep reading to see if you're correct)
Around the Horn 🦄
- AI might be able to help the IRS catch wealth tax evaders (Bloomberg).
- Some reports say that GPT-4 is coming next week. We're not sure if this real, which is why we haven't freaked out...yet.
- Baidu, China's largest search engine, is struggling to get its ChatGPT competitor to do even basic functions as it races to a launch date in mid-March.
- Grammarly is releasing a suite of AI copywriting features built on top of ChatGPT's API.
- Midjourney's about to release an update, and it's real freakin' good. The hands aren't messed up!
Treats To Try 🍿
- Relevance AI is a no-code platform that tags, searches, and analyzes your data faster.
- Send an AI-generated letter to your congressional representatives with Vocal Voters.
- Translate your local files into other languages with chatgpt-i18n.
- Fini is an AI interactive assistant trained on the knowledge base you feed it.
- Someone built a "poetry camera" that spits out a poem instead of a picture.
- WonderStudio automatically animates, lights and composes characters in movies. The video is super cool!
DM us links on Twitter: @nonmayorpete & @noahedelman02.
Leo Sends His Regards
Trivia Answer: A is true, B is false.
- That's all we have for today. See you cool cats on Twitter if you're there: @nonmayorpete & @noahedelman02.
- Get your brand in front of 21,000+ professionals by sponsoring The Neuron.
Disclaimer: we did not use AI to write today’s piece.
What'd you think of today's email?